There’s nothing worse than being stuck in a situation where you feel like you’re getting nowhere fast. Whether you’re looking to buy a new home, refinance your current loan or sell your property, Canopy Mortgage, LLC wants to make sure you find the right lender and the right deal for your situation.Canopy Mortgage, LLC offers competitive rates and on-time closings. We’re dedicated to helping you find the best possible USDA loan with the right terms for your specific financial goals. We understand that buying or selling a home isn’t always easy, and we want to ensure that you get the best experience possible. So we’ll go above and beyond to make sure you’re taken care of every step of the way.
USDA Loans in San Jose
A USDA home loan is a competitively priced mortgage option for low-income persons living in specific rural areas and helps make home ownership more affordable. The U.S. Department of Agriculture backs USDA loans for eligible borrowers including veterans and their families in a manner similar to how the Department of Veterans Affairs backs VA loans.
Qualifying for a USDA Loan
You must be a citizen, national, or permanent resident alien of the United States.
Homes receiving USDA financing must be located in qualifying rural or suburban outlying regions. Visit the USDA’s eligibility page to see if a residence qualifies.
Your adjusted gross income must be more than 115% of the area’s median income since USDA loans are only available to families who can prove their financial need. The same location where you can verify the eligibility of properties is where you can find out if your income qualifies. Simply use the same URL and directions, but choose Income Eligibility from the drop-down box.
Additionally, depending on your assets, savings, and current income, you must demonstrate that you have a steady income and can make your mortgage payments on time for at least 12 months in order to qualify.
When evaluating your application for a USDA loan, your mortgage lender will also take your debt-to-income (DTI) ratio into account. We typically advise a DTI of 43% or below to offer yourself the best chance of certification.
By dividing all of your regular monthly debt payments by your total monthly income, you may get your DTI ratio. Rent, credit card payments, student loan payments, and vehicle loan payments should all be included in your monthly budget; food and utility costs are not required.
Looking for today's USDA rates?
Get a fresh, free, no obligation quote now.
About San Jose, CA
- San Jose, California is located in the heart of Silicon Valley and is home to several hi-tech companies like Adobe, eBay, and Paypal.
- San Jose sports fans can catch a Sharks hockey game at the SAP Center or catch a game at San Jose State’s Spartan Stadium.
- San Jose has a population that is a mix of college educated singles, ex-motivational speakers, hippies, and young families.
- San Jose residents love living close to some of the best restaurants in the country, in addition to the fantastic views of the San Francisco Bay and the Bay Bridge.
- The city of San Jose flourishes with local restaurants like The Willows, who alone boast annual sales that exceed a million dollars.
- The dating scene of San Jose is unique because it has a very large number of single professionals who attend Cal or Stanford Universities. Most of the singles in San Jose are not too picky and are daters who are love to have fun.
- San Jose has major attractions such as The Winchester Mystery House, local theaters such as the San Jose Center for Performing Arts, and the world class Winchester Mystery House.
- The city of San Jose contains sporting and cultural venues attract a large population from Santa Cruz and Marin Counties.
- San Jose is just a short drive away from California’s famous wine country, for those of you who enjoy the great outdoors.
- San Jose residents love spending time on their decks and patios enjoying the beautiful lake view.
- San Jose is home to couples that have a ton of options in the South Bay area, whether you are looking for a day date or a night date.
- To the south and the west of the San Jose area are natural escapes like The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, The Gilroy Gardens, and the Saratoga State Park.
- To the north and south of San Jose are fun spots like Santa Cruz where you can enjoy a day of surfing, boating and miles of beaches.
- To the south and the north of the San Jose area are natural escapes like The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary.
- The climate of San Jose is great, with sunny skies and temperatures that rarely drop below freezing during the winter.
- The economy of San Jose is driven by the technology sector which is a great setting for singles looking to meet and date someone in the tech business.