When you’re looking for a new place to live, you want to find something that fits your lifestyle. You want to find a neighborhood that feels safe and welcoming, and you want to find a property that’s going to fit into your budget. Finding a home isn’t always easy though, especially when you’re dealing with a tight timeline.Canopy Mortgage, LLC offers fast approvals and quick closings. We’re dedicated to helping you find the home of your dreams, and we’re here to help you every step of the way. Whether you’re looking for a single-family home, condo, townhome or apartment, we can help you find the perfect fit.
So if you’re looking to buy a refinance a home with USDA in San Francisco, give us a call!
USDA Loans in San Francisco
For qualified rural homebuyers, a USDA mortgage requires no down payment. The United States Department of Agriculture issues USDA loans through the USDA loan program, often known as the USDA Rural Development Guaranteed Housing Loan Program.
Qualifying for a USDA Loan
You must be an American citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident.
Homes eligible for USDA financing must be situated in remote rural or suburban areas. To find out if a residence is eligible, go to the USDA’s eligibility website.
Since only families who can demonstrate their financial need are eligible for USDA loans, your adjusted gross income must be more than 115% of the area’s median income. You can find out if your income qualifies at the same location where you can check the eligibility of properties. Just follow the same instructions and URL, but select Income Eligibility from the drop-down box.
You must also show that you have a reliable income and can make your mortgage payments on schedule for at least 12 months, based on your assets, savings, and present income.
Your mortgage lender will also consider your debt-to-income (DTI) ratio when assessing your USDA loan application. To give oneself the best chance of certification, we normally advise a DTI of 43% or lower.
You may calculate your DTI ratio by dividing the sum of all of your regular monthly loan payments by your gross monthly income. Your monthly budget should account for your rent, credit card payments, student loan payments, and auto loan payments; food and energy bills are not necessary.
Looking for today's USDA rates?
Get a fresh, free, no obligation quote now.
- San Francisco is located on the north shore of San Francisco Bay, across from Oakland. It is the cultural center of San Francisco Bay Area.
- San Francisco has significant features within its boundaries (the Presidio park and Golden Gate Bridge).
- San Francisco is a major port and travel hub for California, and has one of the most beautiful waterfronts in America.
- San Francisco is home to The Marina District which is famous for its Victorian style houses, elegant boutiques and cafes along the waterfront, and the spectacular Bay Bridge and Transamerica Pyramid.
- San Francisco has the highest concentration of restaurants, entertainment venues in the entire country.
- San Francisco’s tourist-friendly “City by the Bay”, is famous for its cable cars, steep hills, superb restaurants and night life that attracts world’s travelers to each of them.
- San Francisco’s cable cars appeared on the hillsides in 1873, where they still provide public transportation.
- San Francisco has a population over 870,000, and ranks 5th in US for population.
- San Francisco has a GDP of 333 billion USD (similar to Portugal or Greece), and is ranked 1st in the US for Finance & Insurance sector.
- San Francisco has a mild climate with an average January temperature of 46°C and an average July temperature of 13°C (similar to Athens or Rome).